This review compares some of the best wall mounted cable machine pulley stations I could find online.
A wall mount cable station is by far one of the most cost effective ways to add literally hundreds of resistance exercises to your workout routine without using up much floor space.
You reap all the benefits of resistance training such as muscle toning, strengthening, and muscle building without all the expensive weights and workout machines that take up so much room.
In addition to our great list of pulley stations, I will also include some helpful tips on mounting these cable machines to your wall, and what to consider before making your purchase.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the selections available and the quality of machines I found at such bargain prices.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Top 4 Comparison Table
- Top Reasons to Purchase a Wall Mount Cable Pulley
- Our 4 Best Wall Mounted Cable Machines Reviewed
- Pulley Station Attachments You May Like
- What to Consider Before Making Your Purchase
- What is a Dual Pulley Cable Machine & How Does it Work?
- 1:1 and 2:1 Cable Weight Ratio Explained
- How to Create a Single Anchor Point for More Weight
- Cable Machine Wall Mounting Tips
- Final Words
Our Top 4 Wall Mount Cable Machines & Comparison Table
|Titan (#1 Pick)||Archon||Vanswe||Valor|
|Height||80.5” & 84.5”||90.5”||82.6”||80”|
|Wt. Limit lbs.||350||250||250||200|
Top Reasons to Purchase a Wall Mount Cable Pulley
Before we move on to our top choices for best wall mounted pulley stations, I thought it might be a good idea to list some of the many benefits these machines have to offer.
With that said, here are some great reasons to own one of these workout stations.
- Literally perform 100’s of exercise variations on this one machine
- Full body workout (upper, lower, and core muscles)
- Great for toning, strength training, and bodybuilding
- Perform both isolation and compound exercises
- Continuous tension on muscles
- Flexible and non-restrictive movements
- Easily target muscles from all angles
- No spotter required
- Huge selection of attachments to perform various exercises
- A great space-saver, with small footprint
- Replaces many free weights, bars, and workout machines
- Very inexpensive
Our 4 Best Wall Mounted Cable Machines Reviewed
1. Titan Fitness Wall Mounted Pulley Tower
Editor’s #1 Pick
Smooth & Quiet Operation
The smooth and quiet operation of this cable machine matches that of any other commercial pulley station at your local gym.
Durable & Rust Free
It is built with powder-coated steel for long-lasting durability and rust protection and designed to easily install on your wall or even attach to an existing Titan rack.
Both the dual cable pulley system and 18 height positions are super easy to adjust with the quick release pin. So with the included single-hand grips, you are ready to work out any muscle group from top to bottom
Highest Weight Limit
This cable machine uses 7” long weight posts (9” & 12” optional) that fit your standard 1” plates (optional Olympic sleeves adaptors sold separately) and has a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs.
Key observations: I have found a customer who after a year is still very pleased with his purchase. Assembly and mounting this cable machine to a wall takes about 1.5 hours and is designed to easily fit over baseboards. I am also impressed by the whopping 350 lb weight capacity of this machine and how quiet it is.
Key Features & Specs
- 84.5” tall or 80.5” short version
- 2 single-hand straps included
- Heavy-duty powder-coated steel frame
- Adjustment Positions: 18
- 2 Weight Posts: 7” long (9” & 12” optional)
- Loads 1” standard weights (Olympic Sleeve optional)
- Designed to easily install over baseboard
- Vertical wall mounts, but will also attach to other Titan Power Racks
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs.
- Free 1-year Warranty at Titan Fitness
- Dimensions: 27”W x 26.6”L x 84.5”H
- Product Weight: 75 lbs.
2. Archon Adjustable Dual Pulley Station with Accessories
The Archon Fitness, which is a little taller than the Titan and the Valor, measures in at 90.5”. It’s steel construction will hold up to 250 pounds of weight and will hold both 1” standard and 2” Olympic sized plates (weights sold separately).
After assembly and mounting, you can get straight to work with all of the following cable attachments (all included):
- wide grip bar
- Close grip parallel
- Ankle strap
- 2 handles
This pulley station comes with rubber foot caps for stability and to prevent scratching floors, but can also be removed for mounting to the floor for extra stability. Hardware for both wood and cement mounting are included
Key observations: The noise level of the Archon is much higher than the Titan and is very distracting if you are sensitive to noise. Furthermore, it does not install easily over baseboards (wood backing is necessary for even mounting).
- 90.5” tall
- Includes Accessory Kit
- Steel frame
- Adjustment Vertical Positions: 17
- 2 Weight Posts: holds both 1” & 2” plates (sleeve adaptor included)
- Wall mounts & floor mounts
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Easy vertical mounting to a single stud
- Dimensions: ”19.73W x 29.875”L x ”90.5H
3. Vanswe Wall Mount Cable Station
The Vanswe dual pulley station uses very little space with only a 24” by 25” footprint, so it can easily fit into your workout room or garage. The height for this station is 82.6” tall and has 18 adjustment positions and dual swivel pulleys to allow users a wide range of both bilateral and unilateral exercises.
The double bar track design allows the weights to glide smoothly along the tracks and will hold up to 250 pounds on two 1” posts.
This unit comes with weight collars and 2 strap handles (at the time of this review, it also included the 2” adapter sleeves).
Key observations: The Vanswe wall mounted pulley station is not single stud mountable; therefore, wood backing would be required for mounting. Also, customers have complained about the parts not being labeled, making it difficult to assemble.
- 82.6” tall
- Steel frame
- Extra strap handles included
- Adjustment Vertical Positions: 18
- 2 Weight Posts: holds 1” plates (Olympic sleeve may be included)
- Wall mount
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Dimensions: ”24W x 25”L x ”82.6H
4. Valor Fitness BD-62 Wall Mount Cable Station with Adjustable Dual Pulley System
The Valor adjustable dual pulley station is only 80” tall and great for mounting to walls with lower ceilings.
This machine is a bit lighter with only a 200 lb maximum weight capacity and has 16 adjustable vertical positions.
What I do appreciate and wish the other models would also include is the “double to single” pulley adapter. Essentially what this does is connect the 2 cable pulleys together, creating a 1;1 weight ratio, for doing heavy exercises with single attachment bars or ropes.
Key observations: The Valor only has a weight capacity of 200 pounds; which may be enough for some but definitely something to be aware of. I do like the double to single pulley adapter that is included and to the most part takes care of the lower weight capacity (this will connect both pulleys together for performing super heavy exercises such as presses or rows).
- 80” tall
- Steel frame
- Adjustment Vertical Positions: 16
- 2 single strap handled included
- Includes “Double to Single” pulley adaptor
- 2 Weight Posts: holds both 1” plates (Olympic sleeve sold separately)
- Wall mount
- Weight Capacity: 200 lbs.
- Dimensions: ”24.5W x 25”L x ”80H
Pulley Station Attachments You May Like
The following is a list of very useful cable attachments you can use with your wall mounted cable machine. To learn more about these accessories and where to buy them check out my review on the best cable attachments for pulley stations.
- Triceps Press Down Rope
- Single Grip Rope
Handles & Straps
- Ankle & Glute Kickback Straps
- Ab Crunch Strap
- 32” EZ Curl Bar
- 24” Lat Pulldown Bar with Side Handles
- 20” Rotating Straight Bar
- V Shape Triceps Press Down Bar
- Double D Lat Triangle Bar
What to Consider Before Buying a New Wall Mounted Pulley Station
It is a good idea to check the distance between the floor and ceiling of the room you will be using for this machine. You do not want a machine that will not fit in your room.
Also, taller individuals may require a taller pulley station to comfortably perform exercises.
Weight Post Sizes
Be aware that machines with weight posts do not come with weights. So you can either use existing weights you may already own, or you will need to buy them separately.
Most weight posts come with 1” standard size posts. So if you already own 2” Olympic size weight plates, there are 2” adapter sleeves that are either included with the cable machine or can be purchased separately.
Maximum Weight Capacity
The maximum weight capacity on the wall-mounted cable machines in this review are between 200 lbs and 350 pounds. That said, make sure to pick a machine that is adequate for your fitness level and fitness goals.
For some, noise levels may not play a deciding factor. But for some louder noise levels can be a distraction or even become a problem for others nearby. Pay attention to user reviews on Amazon, or even my key observations in this review.
What is a Dual Pulley Cable Machine & How Does it Work?
Compared to your single pulley cable stations typically found at most gyms, the double pulley station combines 2 pulleys on one tower. This provides you with the added benefit of performing bilateral exercises more effectively such as standing flyes for chest exercises, or laterals for shoulders.
However, this also means that when using only one pulley cable on a dual pulley cable machine you also only use half the weight on the machine. For example, say you have 100 pounds on the machine, then you would only get 50 pounds for each cable. This is called a 2:1 ration.
Short and simple: each cable pulley has a 2:1 ratio, while combining both cable pulleys results in a 1:1 ratio.
1:1 and 2:1 Cable Weight Ratio Explained
That said, what if your machine’s maximum weight capacity is 350 pounds but you want to perform an exercise that only requires only 1 attachment for 200 pounds. Unfortunately, if you load your machine with 200 lbs and then use 1 pulley, it would only amount to 100 lbs for that one cable.
That said, there is an easy fix.
How to Create a Single Anchor Point for More Weight
Since weights can be expensive and max weight capacities can be limiting, there is a fix to this dilemma. By simply connecting both cable pulleys together you can create a 1:1 ratio and then attach it to a single attachment bar or rope. This gives you the full weight capacity from both cables on one attachment.
That said, here are some simple steps to achieve this setup:
- Simply connect both carabiners from each cable to one attachment.
- If that does not work because the included carabiners are too small, then simply replace them with larger ones.
- If the 2 carabiners will not fit your attachment simultaneously, then use a third carabiner to connect the two carabiners and then connect your single attachment bar or rope.
Cable Machine Wall Mounting Tips
First and foremost, always read the inclosed user manual and assembly guides provided by the manufacturer. It is important that you read all instructions as well as maintenance tips to keep your cable machine operating quietly and smoothly for a long lasting and positive experience.
Tools you may need: drill, stud finder, level, marker, measuring tape, screw driver, wrench
Never mount on drywall: Never directly mount your cable machine to drywall. Always use a wood backing for extra support and a sturdy mount.
Lubricate for a smooth & quiet operation: When assembling your machine, it is a good idea to lubricate all bearings, the center of the pulley wheels, and metal sliders with a silicone lubricant or spray. This will add to the life of your machine, but also keep it running smoothly and quietly when working out.
Delay tightening: It is a good idea not to tighten all the pulleys until after you have correctly fed all the cables through all the pulleys.
Wall mounted cable machines are the perfect addition to anyone’s home gym setup for adding literally hundreds of additional resistance exercises to your workout.
These dual pulley cable stations provide both bilateral and unilateral exercise variations a single pulley station can not offer. Additionally, these wall mounted cable towers are great space saving workout machines that have a lot to offer at such a small price.
If you are still undecided about which machine is the best wall mount cable station for you, then personally I would suggest the Titan Pulley Station. Whichever choice you make, always make sure to pay close attention to all features before buying.
Thank you for visiting, and good luck with your new wall mounted dual pulley station.
With over 30 years of experience in strength training and fitness, Mark LaRue is the founder of Fitness Mastered, a blog to help educate fitness enthusiasts of all fitness levels, ages, and gender. We write topics that range from weight training tips and exercise routines to home workout machine and fitness related product reviews, to name a few.